Thursday, March 31, 2011

How To Steal Like An Artist

Don't you love when you create something and the NDP (otherwise known as the
Non-Designer Person) asks you that all important question in their mind: "How did
you come up with that?"
or one of my favorites "How do you do what you....do???"
Seriously, I have no proven or practiced madness to my method. It usually sparks
from one tiny thing or idea and goes from there.

I came across this awesome post today from How Magazine from an artist/writer
Austin Kleon. It's from a presentation he gave at a college on "How To Steal Like
An Artist and 9 Other Things Nobody Told Me." I think these are all are relevant to
not just ATP's (or Artist Type People) but NDP's too. Anyway, it gave me a little
inspirational life juice just the same. Read the actual post on his explanations of these.
I admit, I'm still working on #8!












No comments:

Post a Comment